Submitted by KenHayber on Thu, 2005-12-29 23:12
a simple text editor
Current stable version:
Current testing version:
- Unlimited undo and redo.
- Interactive searching (scrolls as you type to show the next match).
- Powerful search and replace, with full regular expression support.
- Syntax highlighting (if GtkSourceView is available).
- Spell checking (if pygtkspell is available).
- Show changes from saved version, or from a previous backup.
- Word wrap.
- Drag-and-drop saving.
- Supports UTF-8, allowing free use of characters from all languages.
- Make sure ROX-Lib2 is installed (drag it to your /lib directory).
- Download the archive above.
- Extract it (eg, by dragging it to Archive)
- Click on it to run it if your filer supports application directories, or run the Edit/AppRun file if it doesn't.
- The documentation is in the Edit/Help directory.
There is no need to compile; it's a python program.
Where do I get gtksourceview?
It is part of gnome-python-extras (2.10 or later).