2009-09-13: This program is no longer maintained. There are many other system monitoring tools out there (e.g. gnome-system-monitor) - I'm sure you can find something to suit you.
A simplified gtop which shows processes and mounted filesystems as bar charts.
- Displays Shared/Unshared/Swapped memory for each process.
- State indicator beside each process shows current state (running, sleeping, etc).
- Popup menu allows processes to be paused, resumed and killed.
- Displays Reserved/Used/Free space for each filesystem.
In order to use System, you will need:
- GTK+ 2.0.0 (or later) (http://www.gtk.org)
- The libgtop2 library. (note: newer versions of libgtop are supported starting with version 1.9.1)
For version 1.9.1 and later:
- Python 2.2
- ROX-Lib2 2.0.0
- the ctypes python module
Having ROX-Filer will make things slightly easier, but you can use it without.
Extract the archive (eg, by dragging it to Archive) and click on System in a ROX-Filer window (if you don't have an application-directory-aware filer then go into the System directory and run AppRun manually).
Daily snapshots of the latest CVS version are available from the snapshots dir: http://rox.sourceforge.net/snapshots/
Incorrect display on Linux 2.6.x series
See this thread. (or try the new 1.9.1 version)